This is my favourite film in the year, a film that I would very much like to spend couples of 2 hours to watch it again and again. The concept, structure, arrangement, setting, cast and everything are just simply fantastic, it is because it brings up a new subject (subconscious) exhaustively, completely innovative and imaginative; it is a subject that is very deep and debatable, there should be million, or maybe more than that, of discussions and thoughts under this concept, by different people from different societies; simultaneously some new theories or conceptions might be developed and proved after this creative fantasy!
Firstly, I would like to share my adorations <3 to him...
A professional and talented actor determines the impacts of the drama. Leo did not just a good job. The concept of the movie isn't easy to understand I believe, but all the actors and actresses had to do an extra job beyond understanding the concept and script: present the core idea fully on screen. Especially for the main character, Leo has to lead the team into the scene of the crime; as well as getting the audiences into his subconscious world. These two scenes are diverse, in the scene of the crime that Leo 'works' in, he is being a confident and professional secrets stealer; on the other hand in his subconscious, he just couldn't control himself and his dead wife, she just keeps appearing and ruins his plan, but he just can't get himself out from it. With all these contradictions going around, it must be very challenging for an actor to interpret, but however, I do think Leo has completed the job beautifully; and dragged me into the scene of crime for 2 hours in the cinema, with my hands holding tight...
An Idea
It is interesting that one of the trailers mentions:
What is the most resilient parasite?
An idea.
A single idea from the human mind can build cities.
An idea can transform the world and rewrite all the rules.
This is very important. We must believe in ideas, especially when we are designers. Things will come true eventually if you try hard to make it come true, so, be imaginative! Maybe it's hard in real life, but there is definitely more spaces for imaginations to happen and grow, and allows them to come true in dreams...
Dreams...
I love the ideas of the layers of dream in the movie. They can dream in dream in dream...up to 4 layers. (I remember that I used to dream within a dream, haha, that means my ability could only reach down to the 2nd layer...)
I love the ideas of the layers of dream in the movie. They can dream in dream in dream...up to 4 layers. (I remember that I used to dream within a dream, haha, that means my ability could only reach down to the 2nd layer...)
Dreaming is pushing the evolution of all the hidden and unhidden imaginations to the maximum -- a space that allows you to be absolutely creative. Inception has shown us the possibilities. Everything happened in the film cannot be done in real life, but the team actually played it and 'made it true' to the world; and people would embrace all these, (including myself) it is just because, it is a dream! Although some plots aren't making full sense, (or maybe I don't understand it enough!)I won't challenge, as the writers and designers must have thought that for a thousand nights and the key point is, again, the dream! You see the impossibilities in your dream, then why not in the others' dreams?
Dreams and dramatic. Some people choose to believe in and rely on them, some just don't. People can't explain why they have dreamed that dream, but it just happened. To me, I can't control dreams, perhaps I am not creative and imaginative enough(!?) But I would memorise the fantasies: one day in the future they will pop up to me again and do something special.....
However, this movie prompts an 'inception' in my mind; a topic that I could investigate for my final year project. Dreams...
Dreams and dramatic. Some people choose to believe in and rely on them, some just don't. People can't explain why they have dreamed that dream, but it just happened. To me, I can't control dreams, perhaps I am not creative and imaginative enough(!?) But I would memorise the fantasies: one day in the future they will pop up to me again and do something special.....
However, this movie prompts an 'inception' in my mind; a topic that I could investigate for my final year project. Dreams...
Not finished yet!
to be continued...



No comments:
Post a Comment